Sunday, January 30, 2011

Taking the Good with the Bad

Last Sunday I was in a complete funk, thus no blog.

Amazing how things can turn around in a rather short amount of time. Guess we'll just have to work through whatever it is we need to work through.

I am in the process of completely revamping my healthy living program. Picked up the book "The Female Body Breakthrough" by Rachel Cosgrove and got inspired.

Now Rachel is all about weights and strength training and puts steady-state cardio (e.g. aerobics) at #3 of her workout hierarchy. #2 being HIIT (High-intensity interval training) and #1 ST (strength training), of course.

HIIT and steady-state cardio (can't we just name that SSC?) to be an add-on to your ST sessions, not a substitution.

Interesting concept and well worth pursuing, especially since I've hit a wall with my current program of SSC almost exclusively.

I'm sure I'll report back on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment